Saturday, August 29, 2009

I hate the waiting

I think one of the reasons why I'll still buy stuff at retail from a brick store is because when I decide I'm going to spend money on something it's nice to walk out the door with it.

Right now I have a couple of things on pre-order that are about to come and I have to admit that the wait is a little annoying. The items in question are GMT new 1805 age of sail block game and two cases of the newest set of Axis & Allies naval miniatures -- Flank Speed.

I saved money on both by pre-ordering, but it's hard to wait for them now, especially because some folks are getting their copies, judging from photos I have seen posted on the Boardgame Geek and ForuMini sites.

Of course that feeling is probably irrational, as the money was saved and once I get the items I won't miss the time I didn't have them -- it's not like I have a game session planned that's being held up.

Once they arrive I will do a quick out-of-the box review.

1 comment:

  1. For me waiting increases the excitement. It's all about the anticipation :)

    ReplyDelete