Saturday, June 26, 2010

Battle of Westeros is apparently out

It appears that the Battle of Westeros is out. Marketed as a "Battlelore" game, it's not part of the Richard Borg Commands & Colors system, although it bears more than a faint resemblance to it.

Fantasy Flight reportedly plans a pretty aggressive release schedule for expansions, although I have to say I'm pretty sure I won't be among the purchasers any time soon.

I'm mostly a history-based wargamer, although I make occasional forays into sci fi and fantasy wargames. Still, my main interest in Battlelore was because I like the Bog C&C system in its other history-based incarnations (Memoir '44, C&C: Ancients and Battle Cry) and I thought the fantasy theme would appeal to my stepson a little more than the historical titles would.

I've never heard of George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series, but I understand that it's not really set in the typical magical fantasy world but is more straight medieval, just in a fictional world. If I'm going to do staright meideval, I think I'll stick to the real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment