Monday, April 27, 2009

Harpoon Naval Review 2009

Got the 2009 Harpoon Naval Review today in the mail.

It's filled with a lot of good stuff, including an 11-page article on the current Spanish Navy, scenarios involving fighting between Venezuela and Columbia, an attack on a US Carrier battle group and even one on Somali pirates! Quite topical.

Unfortunately I don't have any local naval miniatures opponents at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'll get to try out any of the battles. On the other hand, Harpoon and indeed all the Admiralty trilogy games are so chock full of information that they are worth having even if never played.

Indeed, they are really more like reference books in game form than games.

As I digest the book over the week I'll try to give capsule reviews of the contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment